Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Revenir d'une blogger perdue!

Hey everyone, as you can tell I have been horrible at actually blogging about my life here so I think that it is time for another update about my adventures, but first we have to go back to go forward.

First of all is an update about my birthday, which was totally last minute but ended up being really awesome (to all of you who sent me cards, thanks so much they were wonderful).  First my friend and neighbor Pierre-Henri took me to go play pool at this cool bowling/pool bar downtown and we hung out together for awhile and then me and 6 of my friends all went to this really cool international restaurant called the Coba Lodge.  It is located on the roop top of the Quai, one of the big music theaters in Angers.  It is a really cool modern building and you have to take an outdoor elevator in which you can see the city to get to the restaurant.  The coolest thing about this restaurant is that you can literally get whatever food you want which is great for a large group because everyone can get what they want.  I had the wok, which at first I made really bland on accident because I forgot that a little bit spicy in France means NO TASTE AT ALL.  So I went back to the wok man and took his chile sauce and poured it all over my food, the French people around me looked at me like I was crazy as usual.


This restaurant I guess tries to be really hip or what not because it is on the top of a theater or something because it has free entertainment that is different each night of the week.  Sadly our night was the most ridiculous entertainment I have ever seen.  It wasn't really a show or anything, but rather, yes you guessed it, an overly flamboyant, gay, French masseur!  Whoever told this man that he should give massages was LYING and or dead because it was so bad.  My friend Bekah decided to get her free massage and as the process began we all couldn't help but start to laugh as he started tapping up and down her body with his hands and lifting his legs in the air in some sort of weird massage dance trance.  

Bekah loves to play tricks on people, so of course she decided that it would be a wonderful idea to tell the masseur that it was my birthday and that I would LOVE a massage.  Therefore he pulled me over and gave me the longest and worst massage ever.  I had to stifle my laughs as I endured 20 min in awkward hell where he gently whispered "Je touche, je touche, je touche" in my ear.  Thanks Bekah.

At this time the grêve was still going on, so I was still not having to go to work and nothing much really happened until I went to Holland.  Which brings us up to date with my last post...sort of.

Well after the train debacle on the way to Amsterdam, I finally made it to Silva's house only 1 hour late but she was a sweetheart and came and got me at the train station anyways.  Her house and her roomates were lovely and it was like I had never left two years ago!  We ended up staying up all night talking and catching up which was probably not the best idea for Silva since she had to wake up at 7 am the next morning to go to work.

The next day while Silva was at work, Freekje came to entertain me and seeing her was like seeing my reflection as usual.  We decided to do what else but shopping!  The only problem is that we only had one bike so we had to do the thing where I sit on the thing that is over the back tire while she rides.  The only problem is that you have to get on when the bike is moving and I am horrible at this, but somehow we made it to where we were going without dying.
We then went to this really cool little store and bought some food to make a wonderful dinner of greek salad, hummus and bread, and homemade pumpkin soup (so good Freekje is an amazing cook)!  I decided to roast the pumpkin seeds since Freekje had no idea you could do that but she didn't end up liking them haha.

Later that night Freekje and I decided that we wanted to go out to a bar so she took me to this bar called Bubbles in the middle of town that doesn't really let in tourists so I had to pretend that I was Dutch which meant no talking and pretending to understand the bouncer.  Somehow I got in and experienced a crazy packed bar full of people dancing their asses off.  Apparently Amsterdam is the place to be because bars don't close until something like 6 am or something ridiculous like that.  Silva ended up meeting us and we partied all night until 5am.  Again we had one less bike than was necessary so I had to play the sit-on-the-back-of-the-bike game, but this time I was drunk so it was obviously a FAIL!  Silva's apartment is a good 30 min by bike from the pub and she biked ahead so that she could make a phone call.  That left me and Freekje to find our own way...again FAIL.  We are about half way into our journey and the bike completely breaks.  Freekje is pissed and throws the bike in the middle of the street and yells that she will pay anyone 10 euro to take the bike.  Needless to say no one wants our shitty bike and I am laughing up a storm so I try to pick up the bike and all that comes with me is the handle bars.  We start roaring in laughter and pick up the rest of the bike and start our trek home.

Freekje was a little upset still so she told me to tell her story to take her mind off of things.  For some reason the only thing that comes into my mind is a story about a bunny who is running away from a hunting party in the woods...bleak I know.  Some poor guy on his way to work (because remember it is now 5:30am) sees two girls walking their bike and talking about hunting bunnies and decides to stop.  Thankfully he did because Freekje and I had no idea where the hell we were going.  He walked us the rest of the 15min  home and we fell into bed not to wake up until 2:30 the next day.

The next day was less interesting, we woke up watched bad television and then Freekje had to leave back to Utrecht to study for exams so Silva and I decided to have a romantic fondue dinner date.

I then journied to Tilburg to see the rest of the fam, but I will update about that later since you have already read a lot. 

1 comment: